Why we all love cards?
Well one reason that resonates with me is cards are a lot like life, sometimes we get an easy win, but on most days we have to work hard to succeed.
Did you know?
Our earth is 4.543 billion years old, the human race (sapiens) is ~200,000 years old. Modern humans are almost 20,000 years ago. And cards are known to humans as long as 2000 years. Although the current 52 cards have evolved a lot, these four suits and 13 cards in each suit hold a lot of information on our human history!
So definitely these cards have seen more lives and had more experiences than us. Let’s learn from cards today. Let’s see what they teach us!
- Just play every hand, you can’t miss them all.
- When people call you joker, call them over for a game of rummy.
- Love, War and Rummy, All Require Passion
- We cannot change the hands we are dealt, just how we play the hand.
- Cards are war, in the disguise of a sport.
- Rummy is played by more people in more ways than any other game.
- People would be surprised to know how much I learned about prayer from playing rummy.
- The commonest mistake in history is underestimating your opponent; happens at the poker table all the time.
- Don’t get mad that you lost, get mad because you didn’t win.
- You will show your poker greatness by the hands you fold, not the hands you play.
- Rummy is 100% skill and 50% luck. May the luck be with you!
- The beautiful thing about poker is that everybody thinks they can play.
- To be a poker champion you must have a strong bladder.
- Poker is a lot like sex. Everyone thinks they are the best, but most don’t have a clue what they are doing.
- May the flop be with you.
- I never saw a poker player’s money that I did not like.
- No river, no fish.
- The beautiful thing about rummy is that everybody thinks they can play.
- I don’t play any two suited cards. I play any two non-suited cards. That way I’m drawing at two different flushes.
- Dogs are lousy poker players. When they get a good hand, they wag their tails.
- Trust everyone but always cut the cards.
- Poker has the feeling of a sport, but you don’t have to do push-ups.
- They say poker is a zero-sum game. It must be because every time I play my sum ends up zero.
- The guy who invented poker was bright, but the guy who invented the chip was a genius.
- Rummy is a combination of luck and skill. People think mastering the skill part is hard, but they’re wrong. The trick to rummy is mastering the luck.
- Nobody is always a winner, and anybody who says he is, is either a liar or doesn’t play poker.
- It’s not enough to succeed. Others must fail.
- You know a person’s character by the way he plays his cards.
- In order to be a successful gamer, you have to have a complete disregard for money.
- Play like a champ. Win like a champ. Act like a champ.
- The smarter you play, the luckier you’ll be.
- I bet you might have also thought of these rummy & poker phrases while playing games or while getting played.
Rummy and poker Quotes That Teach Beyond Just Words
𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞
Indian Rummy game which is played with 10, 13, 21, and 27 cards is an integral part of India’s culture. Rummy has always been part of our culture, family members play this game whenever they find free time. In the rummy game, players sit around a circle and deal cards to all the players.
More about rummy:
Rummy is played with equal passion is all parts of India. However, Rummy is more popular in Deccan India, states like Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh.
I find Rummy is a higher game of skill than any card game, and it requires different skills like memory mapping, game theory, logical thinking, and decision making in different scenarios.
All this enhances our critical thinking, but we should be very responsible when we are playing with cash money.